Louisa Mundy was the second wife of Rev. George Mundy, missionary and educator, of the London Missionary Society. A report from 1834 suggests how she had opened a female department of a free school at her own home, with the help of another european woman Miss Anne Thomson, who taught needle-work. The school had around 20 students in 1834. She had opened a Portuguese Roman Catholic girls' school as well with Mrs. Briggs, a widow. In 1834, the school rendered its services to 46 girls. She along with Mrs. Briggs also founded a Sabbath school for the European children from the barracks. These and many other, of their accounts can be found at the link mentioned below. Rev. Mundy notes how his correspondence with the Mission was redacted by Mrs Louisa Mundy (See Anna Johnston, Missionary Writing and Empire, 1800 - 1860, p. 33). Rev. Mundy published a memoir of Louisa Mundy (see http://tinyurl.com/onytvom). Kaur, May and Prochner in their Empire, Education and Indigenous Childhoods describe Louisa Mundy as having a separate school for Hindu girls. She also ran an infant school and another school for Catholic girls. Apparently, the schools were modelled on Dr Bell's system (the 'Madras' or monitorial system).Also see the Bengal Obituary published by Holmes and Co. which contains an obituary (see p.353 http://archive.org/stream/bengalobituaryo00calgoog/bengalobituaryo00calg...) for Martha Mundy which says 'Her funeral was affecting, followed as it was by her sorrowful pupils, together with their parents ; near the hearse were her pensioners, the old and poor, for Christian, Musalman or Heathen all shared her bounty.' However, the Bengal Obituary is mistaken about the year of her death which it states as 1842. The Obituary might instead be referring to Mrs Louisa Mundy, the second wife of Rev Mundy.
Reverend George Mundy was a missionary of the London Missionary Society (LMS) stationed in Chinsurah. Mundy was the son of George Mundy of Pleasley Hill and Loughborough (See records held by the University of Nottingham, http://tinyurl.com/nny4grx). The Indian Missionary Directory and Memorial Volume describes Mundy thus:
George Mundy. A. at Chinsurah in March 1820. Or. in Nov. 1825. H. to Eng. in 1829. Rt. Nov. 7, 1832. S. Kidderpore, Chinsurah. H. to Eng. in 1844. Rt. to Calcutta in 1849. D. there Aug. 23, 1853. L. " Christianity and Hinduism contrasted, " 2 vols. Serampore, 1834. (see https://archive.org/stream/indianmissionary00badl/indianmissionary00badl...). The Evangelical Magazine and Missionary Chronicle vol. 14 reproduces letters from Rev. Mundy where he describes the eagerness of the Bengali population of Chinsurah to learn English and of the Brahmins to engage with the Bible. He speaks of the extension of the Portuguese school (See http://tinyurl.com/o9dzqco). Revs. Tyerman and Bennett praise Rev. Mundy's work and state he superintended sixteen schools with a total of around 1680 students. They also mention that he would preach to the local (native) population every evening together with Rev. Lacroix (See http://tinyurl.com/nwf3ttr). Rev. Mundy died in 1853 and is probably buried in the Lower Circular Road Cemetery in Calcutta. More information on Rev. Mundy can be found in the Bengal Past and Present vol. 19. part 1, pages 84-88